Operations Manager for Results Radio Redding
The OM is a supervising partner responsible to ensure that programming and promotion activities are on track to achieve the Company’s strategic plans. Cluster radio operates in an environment of persistent change as listener needs and entertainment opportunities evolve. The OM is the hallway leader in encouraging, facilitating, and communicating the opportunity of evolving media challenges and best practices.
The Redding Cluster Operations Manager reports to Sr VP, Strategic Development Dave Shakes. Creative collaboration is expected with the Cluster PD’s, the Redding Market Manager, and the Company’s Regional Marketing Director.
Operations Manager Duties and Requirements
The chief responsibilities of Operations Management include:
- Direct supervision of all cluster programming personnel.
- Understand the abilities, challenges, needs and aspirations of your individual team members. Partner with the Company’s senior programming managers to develop employee’s skill sets.
- To lead PD’s goal setting, workflow and execution of all tasks and special projects.
- To lead achievement of Company programming and marketing plans for the Redding cluster.
- To manage costs and facilitate revenue-generating sales partnerships.
- To lead the celebration of accomplishments that fuel a productive, happy staff.
- To attract, train and retain talented programming and marketing employees. Work to retain talented and motivated personnel by identifying paths for positive learning and growth opportunities.
- Ongoing administration of all Company policies and procedures for programming and promotion personnel.
- Partner with senior programming management to evolve the Company’s strategic plan for the Redding cluster of 5 stations.
Weekly Activity Responsibilities of the Operations Manager:
- Monitor each station weekly: Are we executing the plan? Can we do it better?
- Have weekly 1-1 coaching meetings with individual PD’s and branded Air Talents on your team with emphasis on goal setting, task follow up, and celebrating achievement.
- Actively contribute to the cluster Promotion meeting discussion.
- Review station streams, websites, and social media ongoing. Recommend creative and strategic solutions to PD’s.
- Lead communication via memo, email, and personal meetings representing programming to other departments.
- Provide fill-in support as needed for PD’s including vacation/sick-fill music scheduling, scripting, production, and promotion/contesting activities in the cluster.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a PD and Air Talent
- Ability to reside fulltime in Shasta County and work onsite daily at the Redding cluster building.
- Demonstrated experience in leading staff and facilitating department relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to be a change agent: helping organizations to evolve.
- Demonstrated experience in coaching and development of air talent and program directors.
- Demonstrated ability for effective broadcast scripting and copy writing.
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative and entertaining promotions.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and grow Country format Program Directors and Air Talent.
- Demonstrated experience and awareness of evolving trends in the programming of CHR, Classic Hits, Classic Rock, Sports, and various AC formats.
- Demonstrated experience and awareness in trends related to evolving listener consumption of Radio and Audio, and strategy and tactics for local market Media Influencers.
Results Radio LLC offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, 401K, and vacation.
Interested candidates should apply with resume and appropriate creative materials to Applicant@ResultsRadio.com Results Radio LLC is an equal opportunity employer.