Q97 Live Evening Air Talent Duties and Requirements
This new position enables Q97 to interact, inform, entertain, and serve the northstate’s largest listening audience in real time between 7pm-10pm Monday-Friday. Content will be focused on breaking information, with an emphasis on conversation, companionship, and playing Today’s Country.
Employee’s immediate supervisor will be the Redding Cluster Operations Manager. Creative Direction for KNCQ-FM will be provided by the Station Program Director.
Live Evening Air Talent duties include:
- Prepare and perform a Live Air Talent Show 7pm-10pm Monday-Friday on KNCQ-FM Perform a weekend 20-track show on Fridays (or Saturday if allowed by PD) for airing either Saturday or Sunday.
- Program will be target Persons 18-54 with an emphasis on Target Women age 36.
- Perform up to 30 minutes of cluster commercial production as an announcer.
- Perform production activities including assembly of commercials and load-in of commercials or programming materials for the cluster.
- Prepare and post social media and web page updates for Q97 during live show hours.
- Ability to participate in designated sales and programming meetings.
- Preparation for and fulfillment of promotional and publicity activities, as directed.
- Company cross-market voice-tracked announcing and voice-work if assigned.
Candidate Qualifications include:
- Ability to perform live show nightly M-F from Redding-based Q97 studio.
- Ability to learn and master Wide Orbit automation.
- Ability to learn and master Adobe Audition production software.
- Ability to learn and master Microsoft Office.
- Attention to detail, reliable, punctual.
- Neat appearance for Outside Events.
- Must be available to work occasional Saturdays or Sundays for special events.
- Must have acceptable voice quality and delivery for assigned station.
- Ability to perform sales remote appearances as an air talent.
- Must be able to operate broadcast control room.
Mon-Fri 5:30pm-10:00pm with 1 additional hour on Friday evenings. 21 hours per week*.
*Note: Paid commercial remotes are not included in the week total.
Interested candidates should apply with resume and appropriate creative materials to Applicant@ResultsRadio.com Results Radio LLC is an equal opportunity employer.